Friday, July 10, 2009

DAY 5 : Working with a Grid

Well it was my last class today and it was a bit sad to know I wouldn't be going back for another few months. Being at Emily Carr was an experience I couldn't possibly get tired of. Emily Carr is like my mother ship.

For the last class today we discussed page layout and working with a grid. This was something I never learned in my diploma course which is very strange but I learned it eventually through trial and error.

It's such a simple concept to keep things organized and give things structure it amazes me that it wasn't common sense to me way back when, but since it's not necessarily out in the open for all to see, a person may miss it if they're not taught properly. This is why I recommend going to a great art school.

All-in-all this course was a great starting point for communication design and gave a really nice mix of information. Even though it was an intensive, it sure didn't feel as overwhelming as I thought it was going to be. It was just enough of a challenge to keep me wanting more and I did learn a little more theory than I had going into the course.

Now I think I'll relax and await my next design challenge in September; more school and submitting my portfolio to the GDC to finally become an official member.

No comments:

Post a Comment