Thursday, July 9, 2009

DAY 4 : Identity

In today's class we discussed logos, identity, and branding. What was really interesting was the fact I totally missed something in the FedEx logo that I should have really picked up on earlier. It's very subtle but it does exist for a reason; very tricky. Can anyone tell me what it is?

We then got into the creation of an identity and applying standards across letterhead, business cards, etc. Our assignment was to create a letterhead and a business card based on 3 logos that were given to us.

Class was let out early and I strolled through Granville Island before heading home.

Working on my assignment tonight I came across a temporary glitch; my computer chair literally split in two. I went to sit down and it just leaned over on itself and fell to the ground. I'm still laughing about it. It was just too funny. Being so involved in designing these identities and having a computer chair break on you. A true test to potential real-life pressures in the design field. LOL! Luckily I was able to steal my boyfriends chair for the night and get my project finished.

Since I've done a few identities, I'll be interested to see what everyone says about my stuff. I'm really hoping for lots of critique so that I can learn lots of new things.

Tomorrow is my last class and I'm a bit saddened it has to end so soon. Just when I was getting into the swing of things and having so much fun. But I plan to sign up to some more courses in the fall so this isn't the end by any means. It's just the beginning.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment