Friday, March 27, 2009

Right or Left...which side are you on?

I got curious today about my brain and wondered which side I used more since sometimes I feel very right-brained and other times I feel very left-brained.

So to feed my curiosity I conducted an online creativity test to see how far "right" I was.

And so much for that!

Turns out I cut very close to being right down the middle but my dominant side is my right.

I investigated a little further to see what other tests I could take to prove me one way or the other.

Here is one test I found that was quite amusing.

Initially I saw her turning clockwise...however while I was reading the text and looking back at her, I saw her spinning counter-clockwise. I wonder if it was because I was using the other side of my brain to process information? The gratification of knowing I could see her spinning both ways didn't last long though. Shortly after a few seconds, she spun back. It was like one of those 3D art posters that were so popular back in the 90s and I was struggling to see what everyone else was seeing. "I can see it! I can see it!" Ugh...huh? Where?

That visual test proved once again, I can be right down the middle depending on what I'm doing.

Another test came while my boyfriend and I were discussing bands of the 90s and I could not remember the name of the GNR guitar player, who then played for Velvet Revolver not too long ago with the long curly hair that covered his eyes, his tall top hat, a cigarette hangin' outta one side, wearing a black leather jacket, tight black pants, and tall black boots while he lean back as he played his guitar. What the hell is his name?

My boyfriend just laughed while I figure this guys name out because little did I realize, the tests that proved me to be more right than left, was truly proving themselves as the minutes went by. I knew it started with an "S"...but what was it...Slip? Sleek? Slime? Slither? After 5 minutes (and more laughs from boyfriend who refused to help me out) I got it...SLASH!

This was one of the questions in ANOTHER test I did...do you remember faces or names? I'm personally terrible with names unless the person is very memorable in what they do or say, and this just proved it.

Ok so if I'm both sides, I guess that would explain why I see both sides of an argument or why I can sometimes be painfully indecisive.

So what about you? What side are you on?

Here are some other resources:
Right Brain/Left Brain Quiz
Hemisphere Dominance Test
Gigamaster Blog : Creativity : Right Brain vs. Left Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment