Saturday, May 1, 2010

Green Printer Online : Review


In harmony with my last identity (fusing design with purpose), it was only natural for me put my money where my mouth was and seek a 'green' printer for printing my new business cards. Little did I realize that I would be losing more than just my carbon footprint.

After finding Green Printer Online in a Google-search and noticing they had a Vancouver office, I ordered a small amount of business cards on April 21st to get a feel for their printing service, quality, and turn-around time. After having paid a 30% surcharge for a 3-day turnaround service, so I'd have them for design week, more than a week has passed and I still have not yet received anything. Expecting this order to be printed/shipped from their Vancouver location, I started to wonder what the hell was going on so I logged on to my online account to see that my order was still "in-production" when it should have technically been shipped out this past Tuesday.

Disgruntled and annoyed, not being able to contact anyone at either the Vancouver or the Brampton office, I contacted the BBB to file an official complaint. We'll see where I end up.

If you thought of using these guys or plan to, I would suggest you do so at your own risk and if you're not under a tight deadline, as I'm still awaiting samples they promised and my (very belated) business cards.

3 comments:

Bryce said...

this is disappointing... I was hoping to go with their services. seemed quite reasonable.

Anonymous said...

For a current review, I recently used their services for a larger order of business cards. Unfortunately, the quality was less then favourable; I returned them once and had them replaced, only to get back ones that were equally unusable. The processing time was ridiculous (approx. a month to go back and forth with them, waiting for responses, etc). Design team was inefficient and knowledgeable, I had to teach them how to use my files properly. Not a good service!

alen said...

While is is true that we have dropped the ball with Amanda's order two years ago, It is also true that we refunded rush charge and apologized and I'm happy to do that again publicly.

As far as "Anonymous" comment goes, I can assure you that we have NEVER dealt with this person. This "review" must be from a competitor. We process hundreds of orders for business cards each month and there was ONE reprint in February due to client submitting low res file. The job was reprinted FREE of charge.

Our company produces great products and we offer 100% purchase guarantee on each and every product and I don't know if any other print company in Canada that does that.

Regards,
Alen

Post a Comment