Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Hard Work is Just Beginning

Well, it has definitely been awhile hasn't it?

It may seem like I haven't been doing much but really I've been busy settling into a new job. No sooner did I get my layoff notice at the end of February, I was getting a call for graphic design positions. Lucky for me, I saw the layoff coming and started job-hunting right after Christmas. Sneaky-me! I am now part of a fabulous, hard-working, creative, and talented marketing team doing what I love.

So...now that I've landed the position, does the hard work stop?

Nope! It's just begun.

After all, I worked so hard to get here, spent endless hours, and countless dollars becoming a strong designer that it would be an awful shame to give up now. Don't you think? Plus, design is in my veins, I don't think I could ignore it even if I tried.

That's where I think most fall off the beaten path. Being strong at anything you do in life takes continuous work. Kinda like a relationship. Nothing is ever perfect, nothing ever goes as smoothly as you think it will, and it never is as easy as you hoped it might be, although sometimes you do get lucky ;)

The key is to stick with it through thick and thin, see through the bad, cherish the good, and you'll have a wildly-exciting career on your hands.

So what's next for me?
Sign-up for another course for my 2D Design certification at Emily Carr, attend Design Week on April 28-30th, and have fun in my new job!

You?

No comments:

Post a Comment