Wednesday, September 30, 2009

With or Without You

On my commute home today I had an interesting conversation with some ladies about technology and the good ole days of rotary phones, snail mail, and plain old meet and greets. We also touched on how much closer families would be without Blackberries, how much more book-savvy young ones would be without computers, and we even went as far as imagining a society without it all; Simpler times where there was every opportunity for people to be or do what they wanted without a wall of technology to climb in order to get there. In some aspects I think it's tougher for people now to fulfill dreams with so much more to learn.

Are those not keeping up, getting left behind? Is that how it should be?

I wonder what would it be like to get back to the root of it all.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I remember the days of sitting down to dinner with family each night without tv to watch or a Blackberry in hand, going to the library with friends to write book reports instead of copying and pasting from Wikipedia, getting a job with little to no experience.

I think it's interesting to see where this technology is taking us and how we are all evolving with it and how we would evolve without it.

Are we better off? Or worse off?

No comments:

Post a Comment