Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mac vs. PC : More proof PC sucks

Last night I went to Best Buy to purchase "He's Just Not That Into You" coincidentally featuring the Mac guy :)

...ok I don't love Mac THAT much...

Walking around the store I took a peek at some other things and asked about the price for Leopard, thinking I would have to save for months to buy it so I better find out how much it's worth so I can start now.

Surprisingly, at $129 (compared to Windows' $259) I had to laugh at how affordable Apple makes it to upgrade. Needless to say, instead of walking out with a DVD, I ended up walking out with a brand new OS instead.

After I got home I spent an hour backing up all my important design files.

In the meanwhile, my boyfriend who has a PC on a desk right beside me had an unfortunate run-in with a virus that enabled all of his programs useless. He wasn't even able to burn a CD to backup his stuff before wiping it clean and his web browser was defaulting him to a suspicious location that looked like Google...but wasn't.

*Cue the scary music*

So he surrendered to the fact he had to do a clean sweep of his computer and start fresh. In the meanwhile I was ready to wipe my own hard disk clean for a fresh new OS. We pop our discs in and pretty much finished at the same time. The only difference was he had some more setting up to do.

Out comes the box full of discs, manuals, and help guides for the drivers he needed to get things properly setup. He currently had no sound, no driver for his modem, no internet connection, and his video card had some serious lag issues.

Over at the Mac, I'm installing Microsoft Office.

Back at the PC, discs are being strewn about since none of them really tell you...this disc is for your video card, this disc is for your sound, this disc connects you to the internet.

Over at the Mac, serenity and peace as the dinging sound of the installer tells me it's finished installing Microsoft Office.

Back at the PC, multiple restarts have commenced as each driver is installed.

Over at the Mac, backup files are being placed back on my hard drive while I surf the internet.

Back at the PC, the frustration continues...

In the time it took to backup, format my hard drive, install a fresh new OS, and getting 90% back up and running with all backup files saved back on my hard drive...the PC was still having drivers installed. Eek!

Hey Apple! This would be great story for your next commercial!

No comments:

Post a Comment