Thursday, April 16, 2009

Learning Styles

Over the past 5 years, I've really taken up a love for reading whether it be fiction, non-fiction, documentaries, or reference books.

I always read as a kid and a few books really stood out in my mind and has stuck with me to this very day. However there are some books that I have read, that didn't stick. Even though I am, or was, truly interested in the subject matter and had many AHA! moments during the read, I just didn't absorb it like the others.

This can be frustrating when you're trying to learn something new and make something stick in your mind only to have it flee as soon as a test rolls around or when it's time to put that knowledge to use. Where did that knowledge go?

This got me wondering what kind of learner I am. Maybe if I knew what kind of learner I was, it could help me absorb information in the future? So I searched on the internet for some tests and came across this one.

My scores were:
* Visual: 8
* Aural: 3
* Read/Write: 8
* Kinesthetic: 12

Woah! I always thought I was a visual learner. Turns out, I'm a kinesthetic learner.
Excellent. Now I can figure out how to maintain what I've learned or read rather than lose it after time passes.

What kind of learner are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment